Idris Muhammad ft. Grover Washington - Piece Of Mind
First up is Idris Muhammad's Power Of Soul. Arranged by Bob James and featuring a bunch of other "smooth jazz" names from 1974. Good stuff here. Piece Of Mind has that slow flow, that night driving mood. Give it a listen. On a sample note; me and 1000 Finger Man were checking out another Idris Muhammad track called Could Heaven Ever Be Like This, when we heard the Stars On 33 track that got remixed recently by Mr. Alan Braxe.
Bob James - Caribbean Nights
I also found this Bob James - Touchdown Record for $1. It has 6 trax that feature Bob James, Hubert Laws, Idris Muhammad, Ron Carter, and more. It also has an awesome fold out NFL football sleeve. You hip hop heads may recognize the Red Man sample. Beautiful song.
Also, I just want to give a real big shout out to my brother from France. ILOVAIR. This guy has never met me in person in his life, yet was kind enough in his heart to bless me with some records. He went to the trouble of ordering them from the 20000st website, waited 2 months, thougth he got shafted, sent an email threatening to call the cops, finally got them, then sent them to me. What a blessing. God bless you brotha. The loot includes:
1.Demon - Regulate
2. Saturday Nite - Live Celebrity
3. Nicholas - Wanderungen
4. Nicholas - Haberdasher
5. Altered Beast - The Coney Island
6. 20000st slip mat.
ILOVAIR, big, big shout to you. Much love. Many thanks.
I also picked up some other things this week.
1. Shalamar - Uptown Festival - For $1, not bad.
2. L.K.C - Soul Bells - Grab it on www.juno.co.uk quick!!!
3. Braxe & Falke - Palladium - It's Vulture Culture.
4. Funk Legacy - What U Gonna Do Baby - Nice.
Proutcast
4 comments:
Nice 20000st loot! I'll see if i can hook up another jazz post this weekend. peace!
WOOT!
Nice ep's you bought, great choices.
But what's up with that "stars on 33" track. Don't really get it, but I have the feeling I might be missing a new Braxe remix?
iol/douze is very cool cat indeedy
-jmw
Post a Comment