Friday, November 10, 2006

Good Will Hunting

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
No, not that movie from the 90's that I never even seen (I'm sure you probobly did'nt either). I'm talking about those thrift stores all around town that sell vinyl for $1 a pop. Like Jarno, I go vinyl trippin' every once in a while too. Some old head turns in there stack of vinyls to the local Good Will to get a tax right-off, only to end up in my hands on the cheap. Now, you know me, I'm a succer for those samples. So when I get home with a stack, not having a clue what I purchased except the cover looked phat and I recognized the artist name, I put the music on and THEN BOOM, sample slain. Thus giving me an excuse to post to you my good friends. All in the name of classictrax!


Roy Ayers - Let's Do It


Note: THIS IS NOT A GREAT 12" RIP BY ME. I NEED A BETTER VERSION.
Wow, Roy knows how to set the mood for love makin', sexual healin', and all around freak a deak zone vibe'n. Right off the LP with the same name, Roy brings some great tunes on this 12" from 1978. Check out Gant Garrads track of the same name that takes major slices from Roy's track, but still makes it a great house tune with that Chicago flare. From his "Unpredictable EP" on Dust Traxx.

Gant Garrard - Let's Do It
*************************************************
*************************************************

The Stylistics - Maybe It's Love This Time

I had put this record on and started doing some other things. "Hurry Up This Way Again" is a softer LP. So by the time I got to this track I was in chill mode, almost nodding off in my chair. That is until I heard the chorus go "MAYBE......MAYBE IT"S LOVE THIS TIME". I jumped out my seat like Spiderman and yelled "OH SNAP, THATS THAT DILLA JOINT". If you havnt heard " The Shinning" yet check it out. I aint' Parris Hilton but that I gotta say that joint is HOT! R.I.P Jay D.

J Dilla - Baby

***********************************************

***********************************************
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I hope you enjoy these joints. I hope to do another 2 post before the end of the year. 1000FM & Jimbo, yall' think you can get one more in before 07? :-D Please leave a comment folks.


Later,
Proutcast

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice one on that Stylistics track, thanks! I'll be able to get a post or 2 in before the end of the year for sure. By the way, I got the records in my mailbox today. thanks again!