Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Friends, I'm Glad That You're Here


Alphonse Mouzon - I'm Glade That You're Here


The year: 1981. The man: Alphonse Mouzon. The music: Wheres the music? Que the strings, the horns, the sax, the bass, the drums, and the soul sisters. Oh how we love you soul sisters. Put it together and begin to dance. Lose yourself in this sound someone named disco. Forget about all the crap that's going on and just vibe, chill, spin out, and feel good for five minutes and ten seconds. Is that to much to ask? I didnt think so...

The year: 2005. The people: A bunch of young music heads blessing each other with gifts for the ears and the heart. Could care less about race or language, and share this wonderful thing called music. What music?: Once again Alphonse Mouzon. Discovered by way of sample hunting.(Downloading mixes, Emailing DJ's, & consulting with friends) But, is that so wrong.....isnt that the point, the music. Isnt the music, like this track here, the "jewl" behind every sampled house track. Yes, I say. A "jewl" indeed.

Again, Im Glad You Guys Are Here.
God Bless,
Randall


Foot Note: Kut 'N' Paste - Hollydayz [samples] Alphonse Mouzon - I'm Glade That You're Here

No comments: