Tantra - Hills Of Katmandu (Patrick Cowley Megamix)
Okay like I promised, some italo disco today. I'm not a big fan of the genre, but some tracks stick out, this is kinda close to regular disco anyway. Another reason to like it would be Patrick Cowley's name on it. This genius producer is of course well known for his legendary mix of Donna Summer's I Feel Love. I feel this remix is kinda overlooked, for it's almost as good, I wouldn't say just as good, but pretty damn close! My favorite part of the track is definetely that hypnotic vocal that comes in after about 3 minutes or so. Jeff Mills even liked it so much that he built an entire track around it.
Tantra were an Italian disco band who made a disco album that's popular amongst collectors called The Double Album. On this occation Patrick Cowley's mix is actually shorter than the original, which lasts for over 16 minutes. The 12" with this mix on it can be pretty hard to find.
Jarno
No comments:
Post a Comment