Sunday, March 06, 2005

Party & Bullshit

Notorious BIG - Party & Bullshit

Remember the opening post of this blog? Probably not, I hardly do myself, but I do remember promising putting up some hiphop. So far the focus has been on disco a lot, nothing wrong with that, but now it's time for a little change with this post, time to party! Notorious BIG is of course one of the all time greatest mc's, there's just no doubt about that. Hearing him just makes you want to get up, especially on this track.

His album Ready To Die is pure classic stuff from the intro to the dramatic ending. The follow up album Life After Death was alright, but in my opinion couldn't touch the raw quality of the debut album. This track right here isn't on either album, but it is from the Ready To Die-era and you can hear it. Biggie sounds so agressive and uplifting. Just play it and you'll hear what I mean.

-Jarno

No comments: