Monday, September 19, 2005

Basslines, You Gotta Love Basslines


Thelma Houston - If You Feel It


What up once again. Sorry if there is no real "point" to this post. I just enjoyed this song and wanted to guys to "smell" it too. At first glance it's just standard funky disco, but the main thing about this song I want to point out to you is the bassline. The foundation for anything that dares try and call itself funky. Tons of tracks use similar basslines to form the track around, but thats what makes this music so infectious. Listen to the intro & the break down part in the middle of the track @ 2.33. I swear someone must have farted because it's just funky in here.

For those of us who shamefully (or proudly) listen to no name German Disco House rip off tracks, you may recognize this one from Disco Diamonds Vol.2 - Track 4 (Being With You Is Ecstasy). If you have no idea what I am talking about, dont worry about it. What??? Yeah, I listen to a few of them, I wont front. Dont look at me like that....

Also, I hope you enjoy the title artwork. I was enjoying one of Thelma Houston's covers from 1981 titled (I've Got the Music in Me) which this track does not appear on, but just looks so amazing. I just had to edit it for this post. Enjoy the eye candy. Enjoy the track. For large view click here .


Peace,
Randall / Proutcast

No comments: